Carpe the "F" Out of This Diem Ladies and Gentlemen! Words to Live By.

Greetings everyone. I hope everyone had a wonderful day today. I am exhausted. Eating is still difficult and by the time I get to where I can smoke pot to be able to eat, I’m literally pulling myself upstairs, sloth style, if I need to get up there. Today was busy. The last 24 hours have been busy and stressful. We’ll begin with the Raiders team I am now taking over.

I have to become proficient at four knots, and at knowing how to build a rope bridge in accordance to JROTC standards. I’ve never done this before but I have to learn it to teach it; otherwise, there is no rope bridge next month at the JROTC repelling event. I was never a soldier and I feel like garbage, but it’ll get done and these kids will know it inside and out when they have to run the station because that’s how I operate. I’ve made calls to various teachers and JROTC officers about curriculum and such. Next week I will be meeting with First Sergeant to discuss having soldier volunteers and field trips because I don’t do this half ass. That makes it stressful but I'm choosing this battle.

We worked three to four knots yesterday, depending on how easy the knots came to each kid. Honestly, I really just have the square knot down but I brought rope home this morning to practice on so that I am ready to teach all of the knots Monday as well as show them where the carabineers go. Good news too, when I get good at the “Swiss seat”, I can get my kids in it, hook them up to whatever the carabineer can hold on to, and walk away as they dangle in the air. Critical thinking/problem solving skills; how to get down? Figure it out. It's great for character building. Oh yeah, and after rope bridge I get to teach land navigation skills. Well, getting lost and disoriented in my own town is why I had to stop driving for months last year. As a matter of fact, my friend had to come with me today because I had to go to Seattle for my Rheumy. I got disoriented when we walked out of the pharmacy building and had no idea where to go to get to the car. I genuinely had no idea where to go. But, no I get to teach kids how to navigate the woods using compasses. That'll go down like a fart in church. I'll be needing soldier volunteers and some legit GPS for the rescue parties. Thank God my survival skills are good. The Scarecrow wanted a brain. I'd like my old one back.

Square Knot
Rope Bridge













 Fortunately, some of the more seasoned kids (used to be Raiders two years ago) saw that I’m back taking the team over and agreed to come back to help because the program fell apart after I left. Not that it fell apart because I left necessarily, as much as because the new commander prefers playing with the computer and chatting on his phone to actually doing his job. It’s ok though, at least if I’m doing it, I know these kids are getting what they deserve and that’s worth it.

Also this morning, I got to help raise the flag in front of the school. I've never risen a flag before. That was an awesome honor! I’d taken my older boys in early because my eldest son needed tutoring. That, ummm,  led to drama later. My discussion with the teacher about her ideas or the options available to help my son with his math turned into a “parent/teacher” meeting, unbeknownst to me,  which was emailed to his special ed. Teacher. She  was like, “There can’t be a parent/teacher meeting without me”. I was like, there wasn’t. It was a quick conversation when I dropped Wesly off and the teacher was supposed to ask Wesly’s special education teacher what she thought, not put plans in place and make things official. We’re gonna get to finish dealing with this issue Monday. I am just so excited I cannot contain myself. But honestly, I side with the special ed teacher no matter what. Not all special ed teachers. This one.

So, last night, I had an MRI. It was interesting and involved the use of the F word more than once. I got there and I made sure to verify I was getting contrast because I’m not jumping in the birth canal (MRI machine) without knowing I’m getting what I came for. The lady said the head Radiologist decided against it. Well, that wasn’t going to work for me. I went in there to be checked for MS brain lesions which you cannot always see without contrast. Had I just accepted the MRI, the insurance company would have turned me down for another one when I fought to get what I actually needed and I could have chanced not getting properly diagnosed. Nope. One lady was sitting there trying to push me into just getting it done and I went off. I told the MRI techs the radiologist can go “F” himself and that he has no business turning down my doctor’s orders. They tried to blame it on my doctor claiming she should have stated it was for MS. Umm, thank you drive through.




I told them that my doctor didn’t get her MD so some Radiologist can sit from on high and decide to override her order without asking why and if they want all the details, the military needs to chill out, stop pushing patients through quickly, and harassing doctors about closing out paperwork asap. I then told them I’d be up in the patient advocate’s office and things were gonna get special if it didn’t get fixed and they didn't stop wasting time by not giving me the test I made an appointment and arrangements for. My friend had to drive me and watch my son. My husband still wasn't home yet.

So, I got my contrast and the results should be in in 3 to 5 days. Remember, we have to be our biggest advocates and just because they say we should just do it, doesn’t mean we have to.
You know, I used to be so nice to all of these people. I even told these ladies that I know it wasn’t their fault but in my experience, being nice does absolutely nothing. Especially when I'm saying no as they're trying to push me to do it. Hahaha, wrong patient ladies. When you get real with these people in a “stern” way, more gets done. The thing is, I’m generally either really nice or really not nice and there isn’t much in between. But, since I’ve let my inner bitchiness out, I’ve gotten more help than ever. On the other hand, I believe it may be landing me in Behavioral Health as my Rheumy was REALLY pushing for me to give it a shot despite the fact that he said I am coping with this disease pretty well. I’m always super nice to my Rheumy so I don’t know.

If it's not the right test, just say no, because it can hurt you if your insurance company won't cover another one because you said yes to the wrong one.  

Random shout out to my amazing sister-in-law for getting me my favorite socks. I love you Staciy! I wore these for the awesomeness boost I knew I was going to need to get me through my day. I am absolutely a fan of fun socks. Sometimes you just need fun socks to make your day happier. Throwing that out there.



Perhaps my doctor saw the socks was felt the naughty word warranted behavioral health. I’ll give it a shot and talk to a therapist. We’ll laugh and cry and they’ll kick me out like they did in physical therapy after I told them I was standing on my head in Hip Hop class a few years back. As long as I try it, the doctor will be happy. Give and take I suppose.

I’m starting a new medication tonight. It’s a narcotic inhibitor called naltrexone, or low dose naltrexone. After having lost so much of my immune system earlier this year, my rheumy has, we’ll say, some trepidation, regarding putting me on more immunosuppressants. He tells me this should hopefully help with the neurological issues (Migraines, stomach, bladder, imbalance and so on). I’ll keep you updated.

I have to get to bed. I have to instruct cardio in the morning. I am super excited about it because working out is my happy place. Even if I drag ass getting there. Good night everyone! Big hugs to my fellow butterflies!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Let me introduce myself and lets talk fatigue

Lupus can teach others how to be better people

Lupus Arthritis