Neo Pose!

Greetings everyone. Today was your average, uneventful day. I forgot milk yesterday and had to pick up some more guitar strings because my son is “learning” this stuff. Michaels just happened to by right by the store so I picked up some sparkly purple spray paint, sparkly pink gem rope and 80’s My Little Pony stickers. My cane is pretty pimped out. I ordered my Rainbow Brite, Deadpool and Xenomorph stickers so it’s not finished yet. The little girls rubber necked as they walked by my cane after school today. I imagine it looked like a cool princess wand or something. The parents were not altogether impressed. I got shot some pretty interesting looks. Guess who cares? I don’t.

I found out something interesting. I am not “tagger” material. I am not adept the ways of the spray paint which is why I have large drips and awkward bubble patterns in various areas all over my cane. Guess what else I found out. You cannot cover all that up with My Little Pony stickers. I will call it texture and there we go. My hands have purple all over them because I used it too soon. This also means it got painted a lot in some areas. Honestly, I’m not that slick, my hands were purple anyway.

I got my blood drawn today to check for thyroid issues. I, with my cane, went got in the "lab" line and watched as two female soldiers sat in the only two chairs available. Another female soldier sat on the floor or knelt next to the other two and a male soldier stood on the other side of the room. I stood there leaning against the wall. As I looked around the room, I met eyes with the female soldier in the chair nearest me. She gave me a dirty look like I kicked her dog. I did my urinalysis, came out to see the chair next to her was empty and chose to lean on the wall and cane.

I have a rule for my kids as well as for myself. If someone is older, injured, holding something or has a stroller, my kids get up first to give up their seats since they're teen aged boys learning to be men, and then I get up if the need arises. No one tells my boys to get up. They jump up and offer. I jump up and offer. If I jump up before they do, they get the face, and they do not like that. So when I see young ladies like these sit there when someone who might be disabled or injured stands there, I would have said no and stood but principle, it's an awareness and/or character issue.

I almost fell backwards in Michaels today. It would seem the cane and cart help to prevent side to side falls but not when they’re backwards. Shelves do that. Fortunately nothing was breakable. Something tells me security had it’s eye on me for the rest of my time in the store after that one. I got irritated in the music store and was possibly too honest. Not in a mean way. In a TMI way.

I’m standing behind this woman who’s buying an instrument for her son. It’s been taking a WHILE but I’m fine waiting for the transaction to finish until….. She starts asking questions about what books to buy and sends her son to grab books and what not in the middle of it all. I’m nauseous. I have my “bag” at the ready in my purse, and things aren’t looking so good. The vertigo is kicking in and I don’t have the patience to wait on this princess to not be ready at the counter mid purchase. I say, “Excuse me, I feel like I’m about to throw up. I need to buy this and go now.”

The guy tells me he as a bathroom but that he’s also happy to ring me up considering I only have two small items. I told him I have a bag in my purse and I need to pay for it and get to my car to sit down. I had my cane and I’m not trying to blow chunks in your bathroom. I want to sit, take my Zofran and pray I don’t have to use my bag in the car. Plus, if it was gonna happen, it was gonna happen in front of her. You want to be inconsiderate, let me give you a gift in return.

I am naming the poses I land in when I either catch myself falling or stumbling or when my boys catch me. I’ve had “frat boy”, and the “Frankenstein”. My son caught me for the Frankenstein and, thank God because my arms were straight out in front of me. A lot of good that would have done. I call my near miss, backward fall the Neo (Matrix) because I dodged the bullet on that one. Hahaha. Ok I know that was awful. I have to go to bed. We slept on the hide-a-bed last night because my balance was so bad. I’m in my actual bed tonight. I’m so tired. Everyone have a great night and I’ll have some pictures of my pimped out cane tomorrow. Just remember, honesty is so important, if I didn't tell them I felt like I was going to throw up, I could have been in that music store for another hour. Sometimes you just have to say, "I feel like I'm going to throw up. I need to pay and go now". Have a great night!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Let me introduce myself and lets talk fatigue

Lupus can teach others how to be better people

Lupus Arthritis