Metallica!!!!

Ok, I know... TWO POSTS IN ONE DAY!?!?! I know; crazy, but it’s important. Remember that whole migraine, currently on prednisone issue,?  Oh, and boy am I all about floating in the air with that Lupus fog. Well, my husband, 14-year-old, and one of my best friend’s sons (otherwise known as one of my chosen nephews) just left to the Metallica concert. This concert was my special one-on-one bonding time with my son because I introduced him to Metallica. We LOVE Metallica!!!! We battle on Guitar Hero Metallica. He's better than I am now. I bought myself a Metallica T-shirt to wear in the hospital when I got my tonsillectomy to symbolize my son being there with me so he knew I was thinking of him. (I also had Pokémon pants for my eldest, and socks my youngest picked out for me to represent him) Anyway, my son took my Metallica shirt the second I got home. He is wearing it tonight.

My husband loves Metallica too and he totally deserves to go because he never gets to do fun things for himself. He’s a soldier and has a demanding job so I’m happy to give him my ticket, but I’m also SOOOO butt hurt!!! Lupus is keeping me from what I know will be an EPIC, awesome concert so I’m going through the many stages of grief right now. Anger, I'm at anger.

People often think we’re flaky or take things personal when they don’t hear from us or we break plans. That’s not it. We have no control over how we’re gonna feel day to day and we’re as good as predicting how we’re going to feel tomorrow as the tabloids are about anything other than celebrity marriage….Divorce, it’s almost always divorce. This, my friends, is an example of how profoundly this disease dictates your life. Plans? Hahaha (sarcastic Rocket the Raccoon laugh), I don’t make plans. I say, possibly or we’ll see or I'll try....mostly. Because, when I make plans, Lupus el Diablo says, “Challenge accepted!” and I miss out on Metallica. I didn’t flake out or “not” want to go. My body can’t do it and now my soul is crying.

Next year I suppose. That’s the closest I can get to a silver lining for right now. I’m gonna watch Gardians of the Galaxy 2 and sulk for a while. Rock on Metallica!!!!! Give my boys a show! Looking forward to my blurry phone video full of screaming fans, drunk “WHOO” ladies, and your music through staticy speakers.

Yes, you miss out on things. Yes people get agitated at you. You aren’t alone. There will be other days you’ll get to experience exciting events, and you’ll appreciate it more than most people because of the disease. That’s pretty special. Have a good evening ladies and gentleman! Groots dancing and it’s ADORABLE!! Gotta go.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Let me introduce myself and lets talk fatigue

Lupus can teach others how to be better people