My teeth are falling out!!!

Greetings Readers! Well, today, I woke up at 2 am because my tooth said it was time for a new ice pack. Prednisone is an immunosuppressant and I already have a short bus sort of “special” immune system that can’t find it’s baseball, let alone a virus or bacterial infection. So, between the dry mouth, chronic vitamin D deficiency that is synonymous with Lupus, and the latest prednisone taper, it’s no surprise that I got myself a nice, raging tooth infection. Also, during Lupus flares, your gums can get swollen and bleed easily making them that much more susceptible to infection. The infected tooth will be removed next Wednesday. I’ve been living on toast and no sugar added ice cream since the tooth infection started last Sunday. It’s been a gas. No really, that damn sugar alcohol has caused a serious hole in our ozone.

So, I’ve been on Penicillin for a few days and if you know anything about Lupus, it’s that Penicillin is generally considered bad because it can cause flares. Well, I just got finished with a prednisone taper because of a flare soooo, we’ll see where this goes. I’m hoping it doesn’t lead to another prednisone taper because despite the infection, I finally had the energy to go on a little bike ride with the family today. Ah but the plot thickens.

See, I have to watch going into public because now, my immune system is down. Suddenly, everyone and everything is a petri dish full of mini Xenomorphs that want to infest my body and cause even more mayhem. For real, I’ve lost teeth, Wednesday will make six, yeah, six. I’ve lost my tonsils and my baby condo. I’m trying hard to keep the kidneys which are slowly dropping. But, I don’t want to lose more body parts to this disease so HELLO HAND SANITIZER!!!

Let me tell you, I was never a germ-a-phobe until now. I have three boys and love jiu jitsu. These boys pick their noses, ok the husband too. They touch their feet, have nasty oily hair, re-wear dirty clothes, and I don’t know if they always wash their hands after the bathroom. I do know they don’t aways flush though.. These boys would make Sal Vulcano throw up and/or cry in 60 seconds flat. And, you don’t want to know what the fluids that get swapped when rolling during jiu jitsu. I love it and I don’t want to know.

So, all of a sudden this morning, I feel it in my sinuses. DAMN IT! I may have a cold brewing. NOOOO! So, I’m sitting here watching Indiana Jones shivering under a comforter, wearing a hoodie. At least I got the bike ride in. I have to instruct cardio tomorrow morning. I will post pictures of my work out sometime to illustrate what my good day looks like versus my, not so good day. Since I likely won’t be able to do much today, I’ll likely play Terraria with my eldest son. I’m a totally awesome fisherman and torch placer in that game. It makes him happy when we play and it’s something I can do with him when I’m down.

I hope everyone is having a great day. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Let me introduce myself and lets talk fatigue

Lupus can teach others how to be better people

Lupus Arthritis