Like I Just Got an Eight Ball

Good evening everyone. Was back in the E.R. again yesterday. My heart rate is slow and it’s causing breathing issues. The Rheumatologist didn’t want me on prednisone until I saw a neurologist so they called the neurology gang down to inspect me. Thank God because I was on my way to pulling some kind of John Q craziness to get some help. Ok, well I fantasized about it but I’m not trying to go to jail. I feel like that may not be the best place for me although I would get free medical and dental.
Apparently I was a fall risk

Elephant condom
 
Mostly pimped out cane







I am back on prednisone now so this nonsense should be better soon. Today I feel like I can do back flips. I’m not going to because dying is not on the agenda. Plus, the kids are at school and can’t take video of me breaking my neck for Ridiculousness, so priorities. I have been cleaning this house like I just got my hands on an eight ball though. This place has been an absolute wreck without me being able to do much and with my two dogs, holy cow it smelled like a menagerie up in here. I generally feel like crap on prednisone so apparently I really needed this stuff. A lady I know calls prednisone the "devils tic tacs". I love it! It fits so well.


Neurotic German Shepherd Nikey
Super Diva Great Dane Kaley

I’m also making barbeque pulled pork and sopapillas for dinner because these boys have been rock stars helping with everything since I’ve been down. My Great Aunt Bettie use to make sopapillas for me every time she visited from Oregon so it’s a special memory I share with my boys. My poor husband, on the other hand, has been in training so he hasn’t been able to be here to help which was driving him crazy.

A while back I made a cake and promised pictures. A story about that cake. It didn't work out at all the way it was meant to. I was going to cover it in white fondant, trace black icing in a hydrangea pattern and hand paint it to make a pretty stained glass painted cake. The fondant and I did NOT agree so that was scrapped. Ok, well, buttercream rosettes are easy. I went with a tricolor rosette, only, my hands hurt so bad they were a mess. WATERCOLOR!!! So, I spun the cake and flattened the buttercream to make a watercolor effect. Nope. It turned into a milk chocolate color. So, I make a white chocolate tri color (white, pink, and purple) glaze. The cake was NOT the smooth I needed it to be with but, this is where we were. I put the glaze on and quickly made some fondant flowers. The cake was a white coconut cake with a fresh mango, and pineapple filling.




Trouble is, the cake was for my mother-in-law, and come to find out, she's allergic to mango. My sister-in-law cannot have coconut. The cake tasted great. Everyone that could eat it did. But, the birthday lady couldn't and I felt awful. She liked how it looked and the thought though so there's that.

I'm about to have a lady friend or two over to visit so I have to get going. The one thing I need more than anything from people when I can't get out is people coming here to talk and hang out. It's nice to know that I'm not forgotten. People in my position, with chronic pain and illnesses, tend to feel left out and forgotten because we cannot get out and make our presence known like normal. We fall out of our normal social groups and it becomes difficult to attend fun events. So, if you know someone in my position, maybe see if you can pay a visit, or offer. If you're in my position, invite someone over. They can't always know how you feel if you don't say anything.

Hopefully tomorrow will be more eventful. Have a great night!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Let me introduce myself and lets talk fatigue

Lupus can teach others how to be better people

Lupus Arthritis