Trolling Therapists

Hello everyone! My husband finally came home! It’s been so nice just having that help already by taking our youngest to school and picking him up for me. The school drama is being taken care of by my son’s special ed teacher so that’s awesome! I worked with my Raiders and I also need to call my insurance company tomorrow to change neurologists because the one they sent me to is not going to work out. Oh yeah, and I have a cold.

After taking my son to school, my husband came home and we went out to breakfast Monday morning. I had some marijuana and I ate. Like, I ATE. I got in an entire meal and a little dessert. It was amazing! I generally can’t really eat until about 4pm when I pick my son up from school and have some pot but my husband was driving today so I was good! Well, until about 5-6 when I lost some of it. Nothing had moved, until then. Thank you gallon sized Ziploc bags. You saved my van Monday

Most of my Raiders got all of our knots down so we’re going to start putting up rope bridges Wednesday. I’m going to figure out how to attach kettle bells to the rope bridge to show how much weight the bridge can hold so they know how well they did. If the bridge can hold 250 pounds, I think we’re pretty much good. Apparently last year the kids learned how to do the rope bridge two days before they had to man the station and some kids ended up in the water so, I’m hoping to prevent that this year.

My group is loud, overly chatty and undisciplined. Burpees and running will go along way to help with this. We’ll also be working their facing movements and other formation behaviors when they don’t want to listen because they are awful at it. We’ll make games out of that to get energy out and I might bribe them by picking candy for those who do it best for motivation. I may not have been a soldier, but I know some about this. I volunteered two years ago and the girl in charge was awesome. She tore those kids up if they needed it. I miss her. These kids are supposed to be an elite group within JROTC and it’s going to take a couple years for me to get a group that’s really into it.

On my way to Raiders Monday afternoon, I called the number my insurance company gave me to the neurologist I was to see. Well, it’s not gonna be working out and I have to go through this, again. I promise it is not my fault. Though I did drop the “F’ bomb again. She deserved it though. Here’s how it went. I called asking for an appointment and the receptionist told me they don’t do EEG’s which is what my doctor put me in for. I asked if there was a consult appointment because if he wanted to see me more he could request it, without the EEG. She asked why I would need to be seen.

I said, “Well, I have Lupus…”

She cut me off. “We don’t treat Lupus.”

“Well, that’s why I have a Rheumatologist. But anyway, due to an array of neurological problems, my doctor suspects I may have MS”.

Total attitude, “Well we don’t treat MS.”

DONE! “Well what the “F” do you do as a neurologist’s office?”

“Well we treat migraines…yada, yada“, that’s all I really heard.

“I have extreme migraines to include vestibular migraines and I get auras”.

“So, what would you want us to treat you for?”

“You know what? Nothing. You’ve helped to solidify that answer for me”.

Click. I hung up on her. It’s a damn good thing I’m not going in there. If she can bring out the “f” bomb in me on the phone, God knows what I’d say to her face is she gives me attitude and stank face. On the other hand, the combination of attitude and stank face might make me laugh and that too could cause problems. Well, I need to call my insurance company as I found a place that actually treats people with neurological disorders and I should get that referral through in a few days. Bad news, I cannot get in with them until November. It’s better than nothing and the lady was super nice.


So, I know what’s going to happen when my doctor puts in the referral for Behavioral Health. They’re going to say no; therefore, I took things into my own hands. Do you have any idea how many weird people are out there who claim to be therapists? Ok, yes they are actual therapists, but if I’m stuck scrolling through these people to find someone I feel comfortable enough to tell my deepest, darkest secrets to, I cannot have it in my mind that I want to mess with them. This makes things difficult.
But you should see his first sentence though!    
You value what!?!


They really make it too easy. Check this out.

She just "loves" her job (hair flip), and the other lady is a therapist between Glee seasons. I would ruin these poor ladies. My being able to take my therapist seriously is a big deal because my life is full of sarcasm and if you're gonna hand it to me on a silver platter, I'm not going to be all in here. So here's who I went with and why...

No, not the "personal encourager". HAHAHA! I can't do that Ladies and Gentleman. I don't need a "personal encourager". I chose Carol. She's the only person smart enough not to put a picture of herself up there for me to tear apart. She also stated that "each person has the wisdom to know what works for them". Thank you!!!

If you can effectively stop my trolling, you have earned yourself an interview. I've been through enough. I don't need some five-year-old, superficial, "my favorite color is clear" (hair twirl), therapist who cannot comprehend what I'm dealing with as a chronically ill woman who's been raising a special needs child and has gone through some other "stuff" people don't need to really know about. If I'm going to get help, I'm not going in there trying to waste my time. The interview is on Tuesday. 

So I have this cold. It's been fun, but it's just a cold. Finger crossed it stays a cold and I get over it soon. I have a rope bridge to work on tomorrow. If I get on it, I'll make sure to get you guys some good video of my chunky ass, hopefully, not falling and pulling myself across. If I fall, I'll post it for you anyway. We lupies go through a lot. You deserve a laugh. 





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Let me introduce myself and lets talk fatigue

Lupus can teach others how to be better people

Lupus Arthritis