Living in the Gravitron!

Greetings All! 

Well, I'm trying various cocktails to see what will help with these migraines. I've spent special quality time with the toilet the last two days but I've been able to eat a little more (generally due to herbal assistance) so that's good I suppose. So far I've tried Imitrex with 600mgs of Ibuprofen because I've been told that can help. That's a negative so far. This morning I tried Imitrex with Tylenol and Benadryl. Doing ok. Not better but clearer than normal and less nauseous and dizzy. Bonus!! I had one last Butal left that I'd saved to instruct my cardio class yesterday so I may be in trouble for next week. Yesterday was a good class though!  I got cursed at a lot which means I was doing my job.



I don't understand why they took that medication away. I took it according to the prescription. It was the only thing that let me function "normally" for any part of the day, not all day, but some. They claim Butal can cause rebound headaches. I'm sure they can but they are as bad now as they were when I was taking the medication. The only difference now is, they were starting to go away and calm down when I was on the medication so I was starting to taper down naturally. Now, not so much. Thanks Ms. Griffin! Hugs, kisses and all that.


 
Both of my ears are wicked plugged right now and for the life of me I cannot get them to de-muffle. I'm counting the hours till I can get to the neurologist. Seriously, if they tell me the migraines will go away if I dance naked beneath the full moon light and burn a straw doll in effigy while singing the lyrics to ACDC's, Big Balls, I'm on it. No one wants to see that though. I promise. The only way I'd ever get rich as a stripper is by those men paying me whatever is in their wallets to put my clothes back on for God's sake! Yep, having kids did an irreversible number on my body and it's called, "no plastic surgeon could fix all that mess".

So, I'm smelling coffee at weird times. It's pretty great whilst at the gym because then I don't have to smell those who forgot to apply their deodorant that morning. It is mighty inconvenient when I smell it all through the house like it's Starbucks and YAY I can actually drink half a cup without getting super nauseous at that moment and none has been made. Thanks nose! You dirty, teasey bitch! See, I can't smell coffee, real or not, for more than a few minutes these days without getting sick so if it's not there and I smell it, I can't make it and drink a half a cup or enjoy those one or two glorious sips. Sigh..


Alright, for those of you who don't experience "vertigo", there are many ways you experience this lovely friend of mine from which there are only small windows of temporary escape at this time. It's like being stuck on a ride that spins and the intensity levels change from SSSSSUUUUPPPPEEEERRR slow to WHOLLY SHIT I shouldn't have had that much to drink before playing the spinning bat game (cue Christina Applegate face down in the grass puking after the chug run). The first time I experienced the super fast spinning, I thought it was the strain of marijuana. I laid down, closed my eyes, and was like, WOW this is pretty AWESOME! It was a case of right place, right time and Momma loves spinny rides so...


I totally bought that strain again. It wasn't the pot. I've had this experience multiple times (FYI, fun for a few seconds but more than that is awful!) since and fortunately I have been home safe. Honestly, I've hardly left home so shocker, but also, thank God because my husband already gets worried if I go places without him right now. All I need is to have the super spinning occur while I'm trying to teach my JROTC Raider and they call for an ambulance or some craziness.

The super slow vertigo is surprisingly uncomfortable. You know nothing is moving but you feel like it is, though slowly, and it gets worse when I turn my head or turn around. Just when I think I'm doing ok with it, I stumble or have to grab onto something and between the sunglasses and stumbling I look like I'm coming off an all night bender. This is why my pimped out cane is always in the van. I can no longer do anything one-legged. Lunges? Not without something to hold on to. I'm thinking of trying Yoga..... with my cane. 

Namaste Everyone!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lupus can teach others how to be better people

Let me introduce myself and lets talk fatigue

Lupus Arthritis